Tuesday, October 26, 2010

sonnet 73

In Sonnet 73 William Shakespear compares his age to the season fall. He says as he grows older he is starting to die, just like the leaves are beginning to fall. He also compares his age to the twilight. As the light shines, it fades away slowly and goes away. As he gets older he is not as energetic as he used to be. Shakespear is saying that his youth has past using the metaphor. He is the fire "on the ashes of his youth". He tells the man that his love will stenghten as he passes away.

My grandma has Alzheimers and she is like the fire that is burning away slowly. I have to charish the time I have with her. I love her and talk to her all the time. When she passes away then I will love her more because I will miss her. She is like the season of fall because she is beginning to die slowly and approaching winter. Her light is starting to fade just like the twilight in the poem. Her youth is the ash because she is getting older and not being able to do as much as she used to. I lover her now with the fire still going but when it goes out I will miss her and lover her more than I do know because I won't get to see her.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your agreement to the message. You couldn't have compared it to anything better. The story of your grandma relates well to the message of the sonnets. Sorry about your grandma Aj.

    ReplyDelete